PODCAST – 20 min: Localised Marketing is the way to build a local business. David James was bought-up a working-class boy in Birmingham and moved to Sydney 28 years ago. He now lives in Bronte with wife Fiona, Charlie (8yrs) and Riley (6yrs). David also has 2 beautiful “older girls” Ashley, 22 is completing her Masters at Melbourne University, and Madison 19 is at Sydney Uni. Life is one big Juggle for David, but he firmly believes Australia is the best place in the world to live and bring up children, and most days you will find him swimming before 5.30 in the morning. Juggle Street is David’s 5th Start-up spanning the last 25 years. He founded Sandwich Direct in 1999 and lived and worked in Silicon Valley for 5 years, surviving the dot.com bubble, the dot.com burst, the fallout from 9/11, and just about everything corporate America could throw at him. David’s years of experience plus his localised marketing approach has helped Juggle Street flourish.
In this episode, David and Ludwina talk about how Juggle Street built its brand with a localised marketing approach.
They also discussed:
- The Juggle Street Origin Story and how it was created out of a personal need
- David’s vast background (Sandwich Direct, Silicon Valley)
- Building a brand with a localised marketing approach – schools, fetes, trivia nights etc
- Challenges in setting up a peer to peer platform
- Building trust in the local community
- What’s happening in the childcare industry
- Outcomes of their child care study in Australia
- Expansion into Melbourne
Connect with David James:
Juggle St is embracing tech to bring people back together. #babysitting #nannies Click To Tweet
Connect with Juggle Street on Social Media
This show has been produced in partnership with….